Outside Technical Sales - Rotating Equipment and Aftermarket
Westcomm Pump & Equipment Ltd. has been Alberta’s trusted source for over 15 years in engineered rotating equipment pump packages. We pride ourselves on integrity and customer satisfaction while providing reliable pump and compressor packages to the oil and gas, chemical processing, pulp and paper, food & beverage, and municipal waste-water industries. With over a century of experience among our staff, we are the experts in providing solutions to any process.
Westcomm Pump & Equipment has an opening for an Outside Technical Sales Rep. who specializes in pump and pump aftermarket solutions. We are looking for candidates who will be strictly sales oriented and is committed to providing an above and beyond responsiveness towards any of our client’s needs. Candidates will need a track record of equipment sales, an adequate display of technical savvy, and a proven reputation for building long term relationships. Throughout the hiring process we will be evaluating for an ability to attain new leads/inquiries, closing contracts, and building/maintaining quality relationships with key clients.
Westcomm offers a base salary, high commission and a generous compensation package. We hope to find a candidate willing to grow alongside Westcomm in a dynamic and challenging work environment.
Key experience required along with the basic criteria mainly include an efficient and effective understanding of a sales role for rotating equipment. To be both technical and personable is highly valued as performance will be monitored constantly in a demanding and competitive sales environment. Existing knowledge in rotating equipment is highly valued along with a proven track-record for customer relations. This role will be provided with more than sufficient resources in order to facilitate a highly capable and performing salesperson. A successful candidate’s professional history should display the following:
- Strong relationships within the engineering, end-user, aftermarket community for rotating equipment
- Developing and delivering equipment fully complying with engineer/customer specifications and preferences
- Understanding in intricate equipment operating details
- Solid understanding with a complex sales model
- Develop and implement effective strategies for meeting and exceeding sales goals/quotas
- Develop and maintain an efficient work schedule through effective time management
- Effective social networking especially with key decision makers and contractors
- Building and maintaining long term relationships
- Effective communication for internal/external company personnel
- Basic computer skills: Email (MS Outlook), MS Word, MS Excel, proprietary equipment software
- Ability to troubleshoot and stay creative when an issue arises
- 4 year degree from an accredited university or college or a 2 year technical diploma from an accredited post-secondary institution
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in outside sales in an associated industry (rotating equipment) which poses a required aggressive role
- Working knowledge and displayed aptitude with rotating equipment
- Exceptional oral communication skills in English
- Sufficient written communication skills
- Track record of successful sales in Northern Alberta
- Reputation of building quality long-term relationships
- Motivated to work in an environment that rewards initiative, persistence and results
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference to “2016 Outside Technical Sales – Pumps” in the subject title. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.